Thursday, July 16, 2009

Share and Voice 12: Water Bottles!


So yesterday I went on a Target shopping binge (yes....I do remember "The Story of Stuff") and ran into a colorful display of aluminum water bottles!! I have always wanted one of these, I am sure you have seen Jayme with these water bottles last semester :)... So I ended up getting one because they were on sale for $10! They are usually 12-15 dollars so I thought it was a great investment for our planet. 

There are a ton of cool things about these water bottles, not only are appealing to the eye with bright colors and designs, but they keep my water cold, I can carry it around with ease, and I don't have to keep using and throwing out plastic water bottles! The company Gaiam makes these water bottles, they make green living, yoga, fitness, and organic products!

So why go aluminum? 
  • 86% of plastic water bottles used in the U.S. end up in landfills, taking up 1,000 years to biodegrade.
  • Transporting bottled water consumes approximately 1.5 million barrels of fossil fuels per year.
  • When you use an aluminum bottle, your water remains free of unhealthy plastic residues.
So go out and get yourself one!!!





"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ~Mahatma Gandhi

1 comment:

Sara Jandt said...

LOL, thanks for the environmental tips in July. Oh kathy i miss you!! --S